Equipment Operator 2
Washington State University
0 external false false false false 14635261 Equipment Operator 2 Washington State University 777263 0 Pullman, Washington
Apply on Employer's Site
The application opened in a new tab.
April 2, 2021
Equipment Operator 2
618S-YN - Equipment Operator 2
Equipment Operator 2
Civil Service - OT Eligible
Summary of Duties:
The Heavy Equipment Operator position is responsible for operating heavy equipment in the operation of material moving, snow removal and any other maintenance/construction activity required for Washington State University.
* Three (3) years of experience in the operation and maintenance of heavy equipment including operation of bulldozers, graders, excavators, cranes, or similar equipment; or, full journey status as a Heavy Equipment Operator by work experience, vocational or trade school apprenticeship program, or any combination of the above.
* High School education or GED.
* Must possess, or be able to obtain at time or hire, a valid driver's license.
* Must possess, or be able to obtain at time or hire, a valid, Class A CDL.
* Must have ability to work varying shifts.
* Must be able to pass a hands on skills test for the excavation of buried utilities using backhoes and excavators.
* Must have journey level skills as a heavy equipment operator for multiple types of equipment such as backhoes, excavators, motor graders, small cranes and boom trucks, sweepers, front end loader, telescopic boom forklifts, sewer vacuum / jetting machines, and multiple sizes and styles of trucks up to low boy tractor and trailer combinations.
* Four years full time journey level heavy equipment operator experience including operation of backhoes, excavators, graders, loaders or similar equipment and/or equivalent work in utility/maintenance and street and road construction, maintenance and repair.
* Experience moving equipment and/or furniture. Snow plowing/removal experience.
* Underground utility installation and maintenance experience. Street and road construction/maintenance experience.
City, State, Zip:
Pullman, WA 99164
Posting Close Date:
Applicants must submit their completed application by April 18, 2021 at 11:59 p.m.
This position has been designated by the department to require a background check.
Applicants must attach the following documents to their online application: 1) resume 2) a cover letter and 3) contact information for professional references. Application materials should clearly communicate how the applicant meets all required qualifications and additional requirements.
Applicants who are invited to interview will be asked to complete a skills test. More information regarding this will be provided at time of scheduling interviews.
* Cover letter
WASHINGTON STATE UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EDUCATOR AND EMPLOYER. Members of ethnic minorities, women, special disabled veterans, veterans of the Vietnam-era, recently separated veterans, and other protected veteran, persons of disability and/or persons age 40 and over are encouraged to apply.
WSU employs only U.S. citizens and lawfully authorized non-U.S. citizens. All new employees must show employment eligibility verification as required by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.
WSU is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in its services, programs, activities, education and employment for individuals with disabilities. To request disability accommodation in the application process, contact Human Resource Services: 509-335-4521 (v), Washington State TDD Relay Service: Voice Callers: 1-800-833-6384; TDD Callers: 1-800-833-6388, 509-335-1259(f), or [email protected]
To apply, visit https://wsu.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WSU_Jobs/job/Equipment-Operator-2_R-809
Washington State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Educator and Employer.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
Internal Number: 2207687
Create a Job Alert for Similar Jobs
About Washington State University
Founded in 1890 in Pullman, Washington State University (WSU) is Washingtons land-grant university with an overarching mission of improving the quality of life for all citizens locally, nationally, and globally. WSU is committed to innovation and excellence in research and scholarship. WSU has a current enrollment of over 30,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students and approximately 6,000 faculty and staff at its five campuses (Pullman, Spokane, Tri-Cities, Vancouver, and Everett), as well as its numerous other locations across the State of Washington and online through its Global Campus. U.S. News & World Report's 2016 "America's Best Colleges" rankings place WSU in the top 75 public national universities. WSU was one of only three Northwest universities to be placed in the top two tiers, along with the University of Washington and the University of Oregon. WSU is ranked as a "highest research activity" institution by the Carnegie Foundation and is in the top 12 percent of research universities as reported by the National Science Foundation. Also, WSU was recognized by the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching for its engagement activities with i...ts Community Engagement Classification. WSU employs approximately 6,000 faculty and professional staff and the University deeply values diversity among its faculty, students, and staff. WSU students represent diverse social, economic, and ethnic backgrounds: approximately 10 percent of WSU students hail from outside the state of Washington, and approximately 6.8 percent are international students. WSU annually awards more than $280 million in scholarships and financial aid to approximately 17,000 undergraduate students.
Connections working at Washington State University
More Jobs from This Employer
BACK TO TOP